Fraser Valley Consumer: Flea Market Tips
Here are some tips from an experienced flea market shopper to make your
experiences both more fun and rewarding!
- Don't get emotional about an item you're interested in. It helps if the vendor think you could walk away if the price isn't right.
- Don't be afraid to haggle, but let the other party save face.
- Carry cash in smaller denominations. Vendors don't have Interac, and it works best if you pay with exact change (as if its the last dollar you've got).
- Do inspect items closely. While some things look badly damaged, they might be easily fixed.
- Check the item out before you buy, and plug in electrical items to see that they work. Buyer beware.
You should also check for product recalls and product advisories including: