Fraser Valley Choosing a Bed & Breakfast
Bed & Breakfasts are an inexpensive way to stay in Vancouver, and provide you the opportunity to see how Vancouverites live. Most are members of the Vancouver Bed & Breakfast Association or the BC Bed & Breakfast Association. Here are some of their more important standards:
- Single room minimum size is 75 sq. ft., double room at least 100 sq.ft.
- Proper beds in each guest room and clothes closet or clothes butler
in each room
- $1 million public liability insurance as a B&B
- Smoke detectors located in each guest bedroom and on each floor of the home
- Bedroom windows must allow an emergency exit for guest.
- Two kilogram ABC fire extinguishers appropriately located and visible on each floor
- Individual towels available for each guest, changed and washed regularly
Door locks or chains on individual rooms are not required.