Fraser Valley Travel: Choosing A Tour Guide Company
By Escape Tours
When choosing a tour guide company there are many key questions to consider.
- How flexible is the company with their packages? Are you able to change your package by adding or substituting travel options to suit your needs? As a traveller, you should have the option of customizing your package. You should be able to choose the areas of interest to tour, have reasonable amounts of free time outside the tour schedule without hassles.
- Is the company knowledgeable enough to provide you with enough information about your area of interest?
- Always ask if the company of any hidden charges, any restrictive conditions, and be sure to get it in writing as proof!
- It's always an added incentive when the company can offer you extra services at no extra cost. For example: Airport or hotel pick up and drop-offs. Also having the flexibility of stopping to visit an attraction during the tour and resuming the tour at a comfortable pace.
- Let the tour guide know of all your travel related concerns and observe how prompt they are on delivering your request.
- For your protection, always ask for a written confirmation indicating the details of your itinerary when a security deposit has been given or if you paid the full amount!!
When enquiring about a certain product/service, it's important for a traveller to see if the company is responding punctually, and are they following up on the traveller to make sure that the services have been delivered right to the end. Not only is the tour guide company answering your travel inquiries promptly, but are they providing answers to your satisfaction? For example: Are they avoiding certain questions by substituting it with unrelated travel information?
There are many tour companies that are linked with travel agencies, government organizations or travel related companies that you can contact. They can recommend or advise you of where to begin your search. Keep in mind with our changing technological times, the fastest and most comprehensive form of information is the Internet. Be sure to shop around on the Internet and try numerous travel-related web sites. Take your time and shop well ahead of your planned trip. This way you can get the best possible package and rates.